2014 STIHL MS 311
- Stock Number: MS 311 20"
FREE Spare Chain Offer good thru December 24th!
Stocked with 20" Bar & Chain
Stihl Corporate Policy Prohibits Shipping Units. All Equipment Purchases MUST BE PICKED UP HERE AT DEALERSHIP! THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
The MS 311 is a high-tech workhorse with a step up in horsepower and features over the MS 291. With our improved engine technology, you get higher fuel economy for longer run times. The MS 311 also has larger fuel and oil tanks for even longer extended use. You’ll stay productive – while you’re saving money on fuel. With the MS 311’s fuel-efficient, high-powered engine, you’ll reduce your down time on the job – so you can enjoy your own down time when the job is done.
|Displacement||59.0 cc (3.6 cu. in.)|
|Engine||(Power) 3.1 kW (4.2 bhp)|
|Fuel Capacity||600 cc (20.3 oz.)|
|Oil Capacity||350 cc (11.8 oz.)|
|Bar Length||(Recommended Range) 40 to 50 cm (16" to 20") STIHL ROLLOMATIC®|
|Weight||6.4 kg (14.1 lbs.)|
|Other||NOTE: STIHL recommends #3624 (33 RSC3 60) OILOMATIC® saw chain and 16" 3003 008 8913 Ematic™ guide bar combination.|
- *NOTE: STIHL chain saws have many common features. However, all models may not have all the features shown here. Consult your Dealer for details.
- Advanced anti-vibration system
- Advanced engine technology (Low fuel consumption and reduced emissions/more power)
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Anti-Vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication.
- Bumper Spikes provide better control, making cutting easier.
- Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Decompression valve
- Decompression Valve makes starting easier.
- Easy2Start™ System (E) reduces the strength and effort needed to start the engine. Available on select occasional use models only.
- Easy-Access Carburetor Adjustment Screws let you adjust the carburetor for local cutting conditions and altitude.
- ElastoStart™ Handle has built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Ematic™ Bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
- Front Hand Guard is designed to reduce the risk of injury.
- Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact, and are corrosion-resistant.
- Inboard Chain Brake requires less maintenance and makes saw chain sprocket easier to remove.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Large Starting Handle is easy to grip.
- Master Control Lever™ is a single lever operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch.
- Pre-separation air filtration system
- Protected Spark Plug is protected, yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it. Standard on select models.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (B) is a toolless chain adjuster (Available on select models).
- Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury, as well as providing wide area for foot placement during starting.
- Replaceable “In Tank” Fuel and Oil Filters lower cost and are easy to maintain.
- Side-access chain tensioner
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain STIHL makes its own saw chain.
- STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System is designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second. Can be manually activated or activated by inertia, if the kickback force is sufficient.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus Additional Chain Braking Feature (Q) reduces the risk of injury in select circumstances if so equipped.
- Throttle Trigger Lockout must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Toolless Fuel and Oil Caps require no tools to open or tighten. Cap retainers help keep cap from being lost.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers
- Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.